I Am Not the Christ: Pastoral Identity in View of the Cross (Book, Online Lessons, Discussion Guide)
The book is now online with built-in discussion questions.
Pastors, you may now resign from playing the role of Jesus in your congregation.
And that's good news!
Find out why in I am Not the Christ: Pastoral Identity in View of the Cross.
Birthed from a combination of deep theological reflection and twenty-six years of pastoral experience as an assistant pastor, lead pastor, and church planter who served in large cities, suburbs, a farming community, and a small college town, I am Not the Christ is full of practical application that aims to give pastors renewed joy in their calling as ambassadors of grace by helping them tether all of life and ministry to the cross of the risen and reigning Jesus.
Each purchase includes:
- Fifteen individual online lessons.
- Personal and small group discussion guide included with each online lesson.
- A 140-page PDF to read, download and/or print.
- An EPUB version to read on Kindle, Apple Books, etc.
- Files are readable on all devices.
- You'll receive lifetime product updates.
À La Carte' Pricing: $9.99
Subscription Pricing: Included at no extra cost
All products are included in the All-Access Resource Bundle for as little as $7.99/month.Get Your Free Trial to All-Access
With the all-access resource bundle:
- 🔓 You unlock unlimited access to all of our books, study guides, and online discipleship courses.
- 🔓 You unlock unlimited access to the entire Mustard Seed devotional library, from which you'll receive a brand new, cross-tethered, Bible-based, Jesus-focused devotion via email every week.
- 🔓 You unlock unlimited access to the complete devotional library, including over 300 bonus articles and podcasts filled with cross-tethered, Bible-based, Jesus-focused content.
- 🔓 You unlock unlimited access to the complete 15-Minute Family Time video lesson library.
* All books are readable on phones, computers, and tablets and are fully downloadable and printable. 😃
The supporter subscription comes with a 7-day free trial. Additionally, you may easily cancel your subscription at any time.Get Your Free Trial to All-Access
** Purchase this product in paperback on Amazon**
What folks are saying...
"Wise, candid, and eminently readable. There is guidance here for every pastor."
- Dr. DAN DORIANI, Professor of Biblical Theology at Covenant Seminary and Founder, Center of Faith and Work
"In this wonderful volume, McKay Caston has done something very similar to what John Newton did for his fellow ministers. I pray that McKay's good and faithful work will have a similar impact on you and countless others."
- SCOTT SAULS, Senior Pastor of Christ Presbyterian Church in Nashville, TN, and author of several books, including Jesus Outside the Lines and Beautiful People Don't Just Happen
"The journey McKay describes with much personal reflection will renew the hearts of pastors and bless those whose Savior is the only Christ."
- Dr. BRYAN CHAPELL, President Emeritus, Covenant Theological Seminary, Stated Clerk for the Presbyterian Church in America, and author of Christ-Centered Preaching
"A must read for pastors!"
- JEFF NORRIS, Senior Pastor, Perimeter Church
"We need to read, and re-read, and recommend this book."
- Dr. JIMMY AGAN, Intown Community Church
"Practical insight into the life and struggles of pastoral ministry... I heartily endorse this hands-on resource!”
- STU BATSTONE, Gospel Menor with Serge
- A Personal Note
- A Five-Word Pastoral Manifesto
- Removing the Weight of Saul’s Armor
- Identifying Your Unique Design
- The Cure for Pastor Guilt
- A New Pastoral Resume
- You Don’t Have to Fake It Anymore
- Living as a Son Before Serving as a Pastor
- How to Cope When People Leave the Church You Lead
- Responding to Criticism
- Living within Limits
- How Can a Pastor Have a Genuine Devotional Life?
- It’s Monday and You Want to Quit
- The Kind of Leaders Churches Need
- Defining Faithful Pastoral Ministry
- Practicing a Three-Ringed Sabbath
Digital download | Readable on any device (computer, tablet, and phones) and printable.