The book is now an online, self-guided study course for pastors.
Birthed from a combination of deep theological reflection and twenty-six years of pastoral experience as an assistant pastor, lead pastor, and church planter who served in large cities, suburbs, a farming community, and a small college town, I am Not the Christ is full of practical application that aims to give pastors renewed joy in their calling as ambassadors of grace by helping them tether all of life and ministry to the cross of the risen and reigning Jesus.
Each purchase includes:
- Fifteen individual online lessons
- Personal and small group discussion guide included with each online lesson.
- A 140-page PDF to read, download and/or print.
- An EPUB version to read on Kindle, Apple Books, etc.
- Files are readable on all devices.
- You'll receive lifetime product updates.
Suggested Price: $8.99
Or pay what you are able at checkout when asked for a fair price, even if that price is zero. I would rather folks get access to MSD resources for free than opt away because of cost considerations.
What folks are saying...
"Wise, candid, and eminently readable. There is guidance here for every pastor."
- Dr. DAN DORIANI, Professor of Biblical Theology at Covenant Seminary and Founder, Center of Faith and Work
"In this wonderful volume, McKay Caston has done something very similar to what John Newton did for his fellow ministers. I pray that McKay's good and faithful work will have a similar impact on you and countless others."
- SCOTT SAULS, Senior Pastor of Christ Presbyterian Church in Nashville, TN, and author of several books, including Jesus Outside the Lines and Beautiful People Don't Just Happen
"The journey McKay describes with much personal reflection will renew the hearts of pastors and bless those whose Savior is the only Christ."
- Dr. BRYAN CHAPELL, President Emeritus, Covenant Theological Seminary, Stated Clerk for the Presbyterian Church in America, and author of Christ-Centered Preaching
"A must read for pastors!"
- JEFF NORRIS, Senior Pastor, Perimeter Church
"We need to read, and re-read, and recommend this book."
- Dr. JIMMY AGAN, Intown Community Church
"Practical insight into the life and struggles of pastoral ministry... I heartily endorse this hands-on resource!”
- STU BATSTONE, Gospel Menor with Serge
- A Personal Note
- A Five-Word Pastoral Manifesto
- Removing the Weight of Saul’s Armor
- Identifying Your Unique Design
- The Cure for Pastor Guilt
- A New Pastoral Resume
- You Don’t Have to Fake It Anymore
- Living as a Son Before Serving as a Pastor
- How to Cope When People Leave the Church You Lead
- Responding to Criticism
- Living within Limits
- How Can a Pastor Have a Genuine Devotional Life?
- It’s Monday and You Want to Quit
- The Kind of Leaders Churches Need
- Defining Faithful Pastoral Ministry
- Practicing a Three-Ringed Sabbath
Digital download | Readable on any device (computer, tablet, and phones) and printable.